We want to enhance the environmental sustainability of our members’ lives and their communities. This means being environmentally conscious in our operations through energy efficiency, recycling and the selection of green building materials in our facilities, as well as providing “green” advice to members and financial support for organizations active in developing technology and services that benefit the environment.
Our goal is to continue to provide clear environmental sustainability leadership in the financial sector. We’re committed to action on four fronts:
- Reducing the negative environmental impact of our operations
- Helping members and employees act by providing education, products and services that benefit the environment
- Enabling the community to act by funding projects that reduce negative environmental impact
- Encouraging governments to implement public policy changes that reduce negative environmental impact.
We’ve been carbon neutral since 2008. Our goal is to measure and reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, then offset emissions through the purchase of carbon offsets from emission-reducing activities that others have undertaken.
$1000 Climate Smart scholarships
Are you a Vancity business member?
Find out how you can cut costs and cut carbon with Climate Smart. Vancity business members can apply for a $1000 scholarship to complete the program.
Find out more about our environmental sustainability initiatives by:
- Reviewing our environmental performance in the Vancity annual report
- Seeing the green products and services we offer members
- Taking a closer look at our energy and environment expertise for businesses
- Reading stories of impact investing in the energy and environment sector
- Learning about the Empower Me® energy mentorship program
- Learn about the offered by the City of Vancouver.