Vancity at a glance
Vancity is a values-based financial co-operative serving the needs of its more than 523,000 member-owners and their communities in the Coast Salish and Kwakwaka'wakw territories, with 59 branches in Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, Victoria, Squamish and Alert Bay.
With $25.6 billion in assets plus assets under administration, Vancity is Canada’s largest community credit union. Vancity uses its assets to help improve the financial well-being of its members while at the same time helping to develop healthy communities that are socially, economically and environmentally sustainable.
By the numbers
Assets plus assets under administration: $25.6 billion
Assets: $21.1 billion
Shared Success: $305 million since 1994
- Vancity was founded in 1946 to provide financial services to people from all walks of life.
- Vancity offers a full range of financial products and services for individuals, businesses and not-for-profit organizations, including deposits, loans, investments, credit cards and foreign exchange.
- Vancity is a co-operative, which means we are owned by our members and democratically controlled on the basis of one member, one vote.
- Vancity is committed to values-based banking and joined the Global Alliance for Banking on Values in 2010.
- Vancity shares 30% of its net profits with members and communities—we've shared over $305 million with members and communities through Shared Success since 1994.
- Vancity employs more than 2,600 people and has been consistently recognized as one of the top employers in Canada.
- Vancity is the largest private-sector Living Wage employer in Canada.
- Vancity's innovative approach to serving the financial needs of its members and the community has led to a number of firsts among Canadian financial institutions, including the first to offer mortgages to women without a male co-signor, the first to offer a socially responsible mutual fund and the first to become carbon neutral.