Impact sponsorships and partnerships eligibility
Vancity’s Shared Success program welcomes opportunities to work with local not-for-profit organizations, social enterprises, social ventures, co-operatives, labour unions, and First Nation government organizations that align with our values. Initiatives considered for sponsorship or partnerships will focus on the following three areas where we feel we can make the most impact in creating healthy communities. These areas of co-operative principles and practices, social justice and financial inclusion, and environmental sustainability are Vancity’s guiding principles and are core to our vision, values and mission as a member-owned financial co-operative. We will only consider supporting applications that have measurable results within one or more of these guiding principles:
Co-operative principles and practices
Good Money™ invests in positive change in the community by supporting organizations that have social and economic objectives and put profits at the service of the needs of people and their communities. Supported organizations, projects or events could include those that:
- promote co-operative principles and practices, including democracy, autonomy, collaboration, and concern for community;
- promote awareness and/or education about the co-operative business model;
- promote and support sustainable economic development and purchasing that creates and drives impact jobs and/or job training and development of co-operatives and mission-based businesses and social enterprises.
Social justice and financial inclusion
Good Money™ strengthens community by helping people build their wealth, with a focus on increasing access and participation. Supported organizations, projects or events could include those that:
- represent and involve Indigenous communities in supporting language and culture, community development, and economic independence;
- contribute to expanding individuals’ financial knowledge and independence;
- provide or support affordable rental housing, co-op housing, affordable home ownership and community-owned real estate;
- help a diversity of individuals, including people with disabilities, or groups to build economic self-reliance and resilience by launching a new business or getting back to work in a chosen field;
- promote and support economic development through the creation or provision of good jobs, training or skills building, and improving employee workplace health, safety and wellness.
Good Money™ enhances our wellbeing by protecting our environment and support sustainability in business and society. Supported organizations, projects or events could include those that:
- support actions or initiatives that drive positive environmental performance (including behavior change) in our communities, such as eco-efficiency, sustainable natural resource management, habitat protection and restoration, alternative transportation, clean technology, renewable energy and green business development;
- promote local, natural, and organic food supply, encourage traditional food knowledge, and food and agricultural initiatives that contribute to a healthier environment, and personal health and wellbeing;
- build a sustainable local economy by promoting and supporting environmentally progressive business and economic opportunities, sustainable purchasing and circular economy, local investment in environmental solutions, and strengthening of mission-based enterprises and values-aligned local business networks.
Additional considerations include:
Vancity’s ethical principles for business relationships
Vancity is a financial co-operative that seeks to work with organizations that support the values of:
- accountable and sustainable business leadership that engages in cooperative principles and practices
- economic and social inclusion for all people
- strong and resilient communities
- environmental and sustainability leadership
Through our sponsorship and events program support, Vancity aims to collaborate with community partners with shared commitment to positive impact in our community and, where possible, to leverage these partnerships to generate multiple additional opportunities and positive outcomes for our community.
We request a minimum of three to six months lead time to appropriately leverage and communicate our partnership.
When possible, we favour partnerships that allow us to illuminate our co-operative network and bring our brand promise to life by inviting and showcasing Vancity's social enterprise and not-for-profit partners.
Areas we do not support
Sorry, we do not sponsor sports, health care, tobacco, gaming, or alcohol-related organizations. We also do not sponsor individuals.
We prefer category exclusivity (i.e. no other credit union or bank), but will review on a case-by-case basis.